Founded in May 2017 by Christian Grubak & Martin Majlund based in Denmark, Sky.Garden is locally run by Isaac Hunja, James Mwai and Daniel Maison who are Sky.Garden’s CMO, CTO and CEO respectively.
— Sky.Garden (@wwwskygarden) May 4, 2017
The firm has registered over 3000 unique sellers who now have access to their very own Sky.Garden Web Shops. The 3000+ unique web shop owners, with 23,000+ unique products uploaded spans across over 30 different categories.
The Sky.Garden platform offers the ability to open a free web shop in minutes and has attracted large and small businesses in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nyeri and many more counties across the country.
— Microsoft Suomi (@MicrosoftSuomi) November 30, 2017
There are no registration fees or monthly fees, sellers are simply charged a flat rate of 8% per transaction. Every seller is equipped with a unique web shop link [URL] which they can share to their customer base on existing social media channels such as Whatsapp, Facebook or Twitter. When the seller gets an order through their web shop, Sky.Garden handles the end-to-end fulfillment on the seller’s behalf. Namely, customer service, delivery, and mobile money payments.
— Sky.Garden (@wwwskygarden) September 4, 2017
The company does same day delivery within Nairobi via their trusted and trained courier partnerships, and 24 to 48 hour delivery for the rest of Kenya via regional delivery partnerships.
Martin Majlund, Co-founder & COO says, “we saw a huge opportunity in Kenya with its rapidly growing smartphone penetration and access to reliable data connectivity. Every one of these sellers have a smartphone in their pockets, huge followings on social media platforms, and amazing products to sell. Sky.Garden is simply putting all these pieces together to produce an amazing eCommerce tool for them to grow their businesses and increase their earnings.”
- Sky.Garden is an online marketplace for Kenyan businesses: they saw lots of businesses in Kenya that have amazing products to sell but didn’t have trusted means to the e-commerce market. Sky.Garden provides businesses with a solution that mirrors traditional ways of doing business on an online platform.
- You can upload as much inventory as you want on Sky.Garden: Once you have your Web Shop registered, you can upload as many products as you want to the platform.
- They have 14 main product categories and over 50 sub-categories to choose from: you can sell everything from you clothing, electronics, health & beauty cosmetics, even farming supplies on the platform, don’t limit yourself!
- Your web shop has a unique link, share it!: Open a web shop with Sky.Garden and automatically get a unique web link which you can share on your Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter and SMS channels. Once customers click on the link, they will have access to your web shop where they can browse your awesome products!
- Sky.Garden handles delivery of your orders across Kenya: They have partnered with trusted logistics companies to ensure that when you get an order on Sky.Garden, they can handle the delivery within 24hrs! They do same day delivery for Nairobi to Nairobi deliveries, and next day delivery for outside of Nairobi deliveries.
- They operate only on mobile money: to ensure all your payments are secured, Sky.Garden only accepts MPesa or Airtel Money payments from your customers, and you as a merchant will be paid using mobile money as well.
- They have a dedicated customer service force!: they want all your customers to feel well taken care of! For this, they have employed the very best and experienced customer service gurus to make this happen. Customers can speak with them through their live chat function on the website, call in +254718222111 or email email@example.com.
- Sky.Garden is a fraud free marketplace: all the buyers and sellers on the platform are vetted and screened to ensure no fraudulent behavior is experienced on the platform. To report any fraudulent cases please call in +254718222111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately!
- Require one-on-one support?: Sky.Garden will send an engagement manager to your store/location and physically walk you through how best to be successful on the Sky.Garden platform! Call in +254718222111 or email email@example.com to make this request.
- Customers will review your shop: Every time you get an order on Sky.Garden, the customer who purchased from you has a choice to leave a review for you. So ensure you deliver the right product, and that it is in good working condition!
Writer at Tunayo Business Magazine